The Benefits of Super Visa Insurance
Anyone who wants to apply for a super visa will already know that they have to purchase super visa insurance for their visa application to be approved. The Federal Government of Canada has made it mandatory for all super visa applicants to complete this step. One of the reasons behind it is that the government wants to ensure that visitor’s planning to stay in the country for a long term with their children or grandchildren should be financially self-dependent when it comes to emergency medical expenses. Saying so, in addition to offering financial coverage, super visa insurance has other benefits as well, and we will discuss them in this blog post; read on.
But first, what is super visa insurance
Super visa insurance was introduced by the government as a compulsory clause for long-term visitors to Canada who are applying for a super visa. This multi-entry visa allows its holder to stay in this country for 24 months on a single entry. With super visa insurance Brampton, they gain financial coverage for all medical expenses during their stay here. The insurance has to be purchased from a Canadian insurance company, and it has to be valid for a minimum of one year. The local medical facilities may not recognize any insurance from the policyholder’s home country, and that’s why the insurance should be bought from a Canadian insurance company. The coverage amount should be a minimum of $100,000.
Advantages of Super Visa Insurance
Super visa insurance comes with a wide range of financial advantages that a super visa policyholder can benefit from during their stay in Canada. Some of them are:
- The base of minimum coverage: The base minimum coverage amount is $100,000, and mostly all insurance plans are on the same lines.
- Advantage of purchasing from a Canadian company: As the insurance company has to be Canadian, it ensures that the applicant has coverage in the event of a medical emergency. These companies may have ties with many hospitals, and that can be an added advantage.
- One-year coverage: The policy offers a minimum coverage of one year, and if you leave the country before the policy expires, you will have the option to pause and resume it when you return to Canada.
- Reimbursement if your visa is rejected: Suppose you have purchased your super visa insurance, but your visa is rejected. You will not have to be worried about the amount you pay. The entire amount that you paid will be reimbursed.
- Renew the insurance from the same seller: If you are planning to stay in Canada for more than a year, you can reapply for the insurance before it expires so there is no coverage gap. This makes sure that you do not face any issues in the future. You can purchase it from the same seller.
What is covered under super visa insurance?
If you are wondering what the conditions and circumstances that are covered under super visa insurance are- it is a long list of potential medical expenses. Here’s a small list of it for your reference:
- Ambulance services
- Hospital stays
- Dental emergencies
- Emergency visits
- Doctor’s consultations
- Nursing services
- Emergency evacuation
You can add your pre-existing health conditions as well
All you have to do is add it as a clause in your contract, and you will have the added benefit of doctor’s visits and prescription medicines under coverage. The bottom line is that with super visa insurance, you stand to save on your medical expenses. If you live in Brampton and need help in filling out the application, you can get in touch with Rupinder Rai. Also, for more interesting topics like this, bookmark this blog.